San Diego Whale Watching,
Wildlife and Dolphin Tours
Unfortunately, we are not running whale watching tours from San Diego anymore. But, you can still join us in the San Juan Islands, WA from April - October for Orca Whale Watching & Wildlife Tours. www.orcawhalewatch.com
Why Choose Western Prince?
1. CREW: We love what we do and we are passionate about sharing and protecting the wonderful whales and wildlife of the Pacific Coast. Every trip is run by an experienced US Coast Guard Licensed captain and a naturalist. A dedicated crew makes all the difference.
2. OUR BOAT: Put some real adventure in your whale watching tour. The 27 ft. Western Explorer (limited to only 6 passengers) was custom made specifically for eco-tours and offers a unique," expedition style" experience with the sun on your face and wind in your hair.
3. SMALL SIZE: We are not the largest charter company in San Diego, nor do we strive to be. We are focused only on whale/dolphin watching tours. Quality tours and personal interaction is what we are all about.
4. CONSERVATION MINDED: We pledge 4% of our profits for conservation, and we feel strongly that education is a key part of our trips. We hope you will come away with memories to last a lifetime and a newfound appreciation for the natural world.
5. OUR LOCATION: Departing from Point Loma puts us closer to the beautiful Coronado Islands, one of the key areas for finding marine wildlife.
Join us on a whale watching, wildlife, and dolphin adventure tour from San Diego Bay. Breathe the fresh air, take in the scenery, and experience the magnificence of seeing Whales, Dolphins, Sea Lions, Seals, and Sea Birds in their natural environment. We provide quality tours with a personal touch. Skilled Naturalists make our trips fun, informative and interactive, and our Owner/Captain is dedicated to making your whale watching & wildlife trip an experience of a lifetime.
With the high speed capabilities of the Western Explorer, most of our adventure tours will include a visit to waters surrounding the beautiful Coronado Islands, 16 miles south of San Diego, where you will be able to encounter all sorts of amazing wildlife in a truly natural setting. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile (or 20), giving you a full experience of the local marine ecosystem.
Dedicated and Responsible. As an active member of the Pacific Whale Watch Association, we’re dedicated to research, education and responsible wildlife and whale watching.
Here is a little video from some of our recent trips: